Saturday 11 May 2013

ELLE UK June 2013

My ELLE UK Magazine came through the door the other day! I thought it'd be nice of me to review the magazine every month about the bits I loved most and also to review any freebies they send!
Subscribers' Cover Page, June 2013, Miley Cyrus, 'Rapunzel with a mohawk'

This month's freebie | They're Real! Benefit Mascara
I tried this mascara on the other day, and I can honestly say that it does what it says. It lengthens your eyelashes and I genuinely couldn't tell the difference between my eyelashes and my lengthened eyelashes! Another bonus is that after applying this mascara I wasn't left with any clumps.
 My favourite article that I look forward to every month is the 'Style for Less'. What it is, is a spread of three pages featuring three new trends and clothes that you can buy on the high street 'for less'. This month's trends are Summer Frontier, Prairie Girl and Country Strong. To summarise these trends, they're quite relaxed and laid back. They feature a few floral patterns and fringes. Finally, they reflect a cow girl outfit quite a lot, no?
Favourite item: White Cotton Top, £35, by Miss Selfridge
Favourite item: Leather Belt, £7.99, by Gina Tricot
Favourite item: Leather Sandals, £120, by Kurt Geiger
This is definitely something that I want to go and see. It's an exhibition at the V&A called Club to Catwalk: London Fashion in the 1980s. It runs 10 July 2013 to 16 February 2014. It's all about the best of 1980s fashion including 22 customisations of a Levi's Denim jacket. Basically, in 1986 style magazine Blitz asked 22 London designers to customise a Levi's jacket, and each was then displayed at the V&A. Now, 27 years on, they're back.
This season, in beauty, there is a flashback at the last 4 decades. Here is a look at each decade and how to reflect that decade in your look.
1960s - beehive up-do, big eyelashes, natural lips
1970s - crimped hair, blue eye liner, flushed cheeks
1980s - scrunchies, red lips, bright eye shadow, strong contouring
1990s - slick and back combed hair, full grown-out brows, coffee-hued lips
I thought it'd be cute to include my favourite picture of the month in my magazine review because I think that flicking through a fashion magazine isn't just about the writing but the images as well. The image below is of backstage at the Mulberry SS13 show. I chose it because the poodle (named Max) is what makes the Mulberry shows unique. Max even sometimes walks the catwalk with the models!
Favourite Picture of the Month
I hope you enjoyed this post and that it encouraged you to buy ELLE. Are you subscribed to any magazines? What's your favourite bits in ELLE?

K xo



No comments:

Post a Comment